I am not one who regularly has buttermilk in the fridge. Nor am I one to have pomegranate molasses. But say what you will about Gwenyth, these pancakes are a delight. Nothing better on a Sunday Morning -and worth the trip to buy buttermilk ;)
Bruce Paltrow's World Famous Pancakes Recipe (from My Father's Daughter)
Things You'll need:
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly, plus 1/2 tsp per batch to grease pan
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
About 1/2 cup whole milk
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, 3 tbsp butter and buttermilk. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Leave overnight or as long as you can.
3. Heat a large greased griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add milk to batter until it reaches desired consistency; the more milk, the thinner and more delicate the pancakes.
4. Working in batches of three pancakes, spoon batter onto griddle or skillet. Cook until surface of pancake is covered with bubbles, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip to the other side, cook until golden.
5. Serve with maple syrup, a strawberry syrup or whatever pleases your heart that day! Enjoy.